Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Blogging By Mail: Holiday Edition!

.



Some of you are still waiting for your packages from August's Blogging by Mail; we're not at 100% yet, but we're close. 73 of the 89 boxes have arrived, with some taking (quite literally) the slow boat to their destinations.

But because we all had such a good time swapping goodies around the globe, and also because the event's creator, Nic, gave me the green-light, I'm happy to announce the next round of Blogging by Mail!

Because the holiday season is fast approaching, that will be the theme of this round. But we'll be sure to get our packages out before the full-tilt craziness begins at home.

For those who may be new to Blogging by Mail, bloggers from around the world are matched up, and send boxes of treats, 'care packages', really, to each other.

Last time, we had bloggers from the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, and all over Europe and Great Britain.

All sorts of things were exchanged, from baked goods, teas, jams, cookbooks, candies and chocolate, pottery, music, and other hand-made goods.

I mean, there's nothing like finding a treat-filled box on your front porch after a long day, right?

Best of all, we all made new friends!

So, this time around, we're focusing on Holidays. Based on your own life and faith, interpret that as you will. Cookies and other traditional holiday goodies, ornaments, music...whatever comes to mind when you think 'holiday'.

I'm also adding a few questions to the sign-up 'sheet'; this will better help me match people for the swap.

Now, please remember: if you sign up for Blogging by Mail, be absolutely certain you'll be able to participate. If you agree to swap, someone out there will be waiting for your box! And we don't want to disappoint them, do we?

Also, it's important that you realize shipping costs can sometimes run astonishingly high. Please factor that into your decision, as well. You can always consolidate your package, or choose a slower shipping method. If the latter is the case, though, think carefully about what you include in your package! Aunt Jenny's oatmeal cookies might not survive a 6-week boat ride, you know. Just saying.

Ok, the plan is for sign-ups to run from now through 16 November, with packages to be shipped by the end of the month, 30 November. That gives us all time to get ready for whatever December holidays we celebrate.

Now, for the critical information. Please copy the following 'questionnaire', paste it to an email addressed to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com, fill it in!, and get it to me as soon as possible. I'll write back, letting you know I've received your name, and will have swap partners ready by 18 November.

Ok, here goes!


Your Full Name

Your Blog's Name

Your Blog's URL

Your Email Address

Your 'Real' Address

Are You Willing to Ship Internationally?

Any Strong Dislikes, Likes, Allergies, Etc

Are You a Pet Owner?

What December/early January Holiday do you Celebrate?


Ok! Let me know if you want to join in, and I can't wait for the swaps to begin!





Tagged with: + + +

26 Thoughts for food:

At 2:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steph

Thanks for organising the next BBM again. I'll email my details real soon.

As for the last BBM, my swap partner Amy Piesse from Japan had received my package on 22 Sep 06 but aint sure why she's keeping mum about it.

Read my blog - entry dated 25 Sep 06 - i copied and pasted an excerpt of the email Amy sent me.

Regards
Murnie from Singapore

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

Yay! :)

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Murnie...I'll check into it!

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Jen...I agree!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger ByTheBay said...

I'm excited about it!

 
At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm IN, I'm IN...YES!

How's that for excited?!

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey there, BytheBay!

I'm excited about it, too...and for the record, my husband and I used to live in Oakland; before we moved here.

In the Rockridge area...man, I miss College Ave. and all those wonderful restaurants!

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Helen, you have successfully conveyed excitement via an inanimate object; so, yes, that's pretty excited!

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

i'm in!!! yippee! maybe i will have a chance to use my new pink kitchen aid stand mixer!!!! :)

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Happy to give you a reason!

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Libbycookie said...

Ooooh - love it! I am an active member of candyswappers, and nothing is better than a special parcel arriving at your doorstop from a far-away town.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Libby; I hope you'll sign up...sounds like you've got this sort of thing down-pat!

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Steph!

It is great that you are organising another BBM! Thanks!!

Have not decided yet if I should take part or not (am on holiday 7-26) but will make up my mind soon...! :)

But can I please ask you to remind everyone that they should BLOG about the parcel they receive. I think only half of the participants posted anything in the last/present BBM. I so enjoy reading about others parcels and getting ideas of what to include in the next. So to me reading the posts is as fun as sending and receiving a parcel!

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Eva;

I agree; letting people know packages arrived and then blogging about them was a problem last time.

I will definitely push that!

I hope you can join!

 
At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea, I can't wait to share the culture of my island (Trinidad) with others! :D

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Hi Steph,
I sent my Blogging by mail questionnaire to you on Nov. 3rd but have not heard back from you. I'm only worried that you might not have received it.
Please send a message to northcoast_cook AT yahoo DOT com. Or you could leave a comment on my blog.
Thanks!

 
At 6:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi. i guess i'm a tad late is it still possible for me to join in?
i'm really interested! also when will the next BBm be? thanks so so much!!

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Trinigourmet: and I can guarantee some lucky blogger will be thrilled with your package!

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Mayple!

Sorry, it is too late for this one, but I'm hoping to have another one going after the New Year. Be sure to check back here, ok? We'd love for you to join us!

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Christine; I wrote back soon after I got your message...it's possible my reply went to your spam folder?!

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger ByTheBay said...

I still haven't heard who my blog partner is - Hm....

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Anita (Married... with dinner) said...

Steph:

I haven't heard anything... does this mean my entry was lost in the ether?

I've been busily collecting holiday foods for my package, so I hope not!

~A

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

BtB; I sent them out Monday.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Anita; I never got a message from you!

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Anita (Married... with dinner) said...

Wow, I guess I'll have to eat all of those goodies mahself, then. Aroo.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Anita, be sure to check back after January...and we'll get you signed up right away!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker