Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, October 30, 2006

'Twas the Night Before Halloween...

.


(Spooky Spuds)


And all through the house, all creatures were stirring...getting ready for the big day!

It's not Halloween without creepy/goofy food. Here's the first round.


Backbone Roll-Ups


Buggy Snack Mix


Fruity Eyeball Salad


Creepy Crawly Salad

Keep in mind; much of this is for Alex's preschool Halloween party.

Including these adorable Mexican Day of the Dead sugar skulls.





Here's a close-up; isn't it cute?




Tagged with: + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger Brilynn said...

You're so creative, I love these ideas! And yes, if any skulls can be cute, those are definitely them.

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Sara said...

It's all very scary!!!! Did you make the skulls?

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Brilynn!

This is, hands down, my favorite holiday. Christmas is fun, Valentine's is good...but for me, it's always about Halloween!

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Scary, Sara? I think it's just fun and slighly creepy...but the kids were a bit hestitant to eat the fruit salad after someone mentioned it was 'eyeball salad'!

Yes, I made the skulls. It's something I've been wanting to do for a few years, but only got around to this year. It's so easy, and pretty fun. And next year, I'm adding a larger size!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker