Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Harvest

.



Now that the weather is colder, it's time to gather the last of the herbs from the garden. My house smelled pretty good after this!



Lots of mint



Some hot peppers



More thyme than I usually have...(ha, making a joke there)



Purple basil



And African basil



Which is currently hanging from a window in the living room...looks pretty, and smells great!




Today is the last day to get your Blog Party#15 entries in! This month, we're going literate, looking to our favorite books for food ideas, and turning them into appetizers and cocktails! Post your dishes no later than TODAY, 19 October, and get your links to me either by posting in the comments, or by emailing me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the party round-up Saturday, the 21st. Hope to see you there!



Tagged with: + + + + +

5 Thoughts for food:

At 6:36 PM, Blogger Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

I've been drying my herbs, too. I made a drying frame out of an old screen window -- just tacked a second piece of screening over it. The herbs sit in the screen "sandwich", with plenty of air circulating around them, for about 3 weeks, then into jars on the spice rack for the winter.

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I'm jealous! I've never had much luck at growing herbs. Fresh basil is hard to beat...yum! Makes me want some bruschetta. :)

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Lydia...what a wonderful idea! We'll have to try that next year; thanks!

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Pam; I'm not sure why we do so well...we have a sage plant that we don't even use (!) that's grown so big, it's a shrub.

Sure, we get some bugs, but it was so nice during the summer to just say 'oh, I need thyme/chives/basil/etc' and nip out to the garden to grab some!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Do you actually like that purple basil? We grew it this year and I really didn't care for it's transparent flavor. My regular basil kicked arse this summer, it seems the more I picked the more it grew.

Chris
My Blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker