Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

WDB: Fire-Proof Pup, and Another Day at the Office

.

Back when I was still pregnant with Alex, Matt would sometimes bring home those little store-made trays of sushi for me. Wasn't exactly good sushi, but it was quick and easy to eat (I had very little appetite at the time).

Once, the dogs made a bit of a commotion (they were still pups), and the little tray went flying. The dollop of wasabi and pieces of ginger wound up on the floor.

Wicklow inhaled the wasabi, and didn't even blink. Henceforth, Matt has referred to Wicklow as the 'fire-proof puppy'.

Looks like Doolin wants to hone in on Wicky's territory.





As for the other two? Business as usual.



Donegal's adorable while sleeping on the couch



and Wicklow's adorable while falling asleep...sitting up.

Sweetnicks
is back, and you can see all the other pooches tomorrow night.




Blog Party#15 is a week from today, and this month, we're hitting the books! We're recreating foods from our favorite books, and turning them into appetizers and cocktails! Post your dishes no later than this coming Thursday, 19 October...early is always good...and get your links to me either by posting in the comments, or by emailing me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the party round-up Saturday, the 21st. Hope to see you there!


Tagged with: + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 10:05 PM, Blogger Walter Jeffries said...

Stephanie, Hagrid says "Hi" to all the other dogs for weekend dog blogging at Sugar Mountain Farm.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Fire proof pup, maybe, but I bet he was able to clear the room with doggy gas later that day:)

Chris
My Blog

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Walter;

Donegal, Wicklow and Doolin give a big puppy 'hello' right back!

And now? I have Neil Young stuck in my head...loved reading about your farm and crops. Tomatillos are fanastic!

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Chris; surprisingly, no! His insides must be fire-proof, as well...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker