Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Clinging to Summer

.



Strawberry Pancakes

The past few summers, whenever we found a good deal on berries (of just about any kind), we made sure to grab lots. Mostly because Alex can inhale an entire carton of (fill in the blank)berries in one sitting, but also because I like to put some away for the winter months.

Now I have a freezer filled with (mostly) strawberries. Last night, Alex said he'd like strawberry pancakes for breakfast.

See above.

I used this recipe for the base, and I say now: never again!

What a mess. When it's all mixed together, it should allegedly have the consistency of 'heavy cream'.

Sure...if your heavy cream has turned sour, and pours in chunks!

I diluted it with more milk, which then gave me crepes. I added more flour, and just stopped caring what they looked like.




Blog Party#15 is here, and this month, we're hitting the books! That's right, we're taking inspiration from our favorite stories and turning them into appetizers and cocktails! Post your dishes no later than Thursday, 19 October...early is always good...and get your links to me either by posting in the comments, or by emailing me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the party round-up Saturday, the 21st. Hope to see you there!



Tagged with: + + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 11:46 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

yum!!! these look delicious!

 
At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It loooks yummy. How about the taste? Was it good?

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Barbie!

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Lizzi;

I have no idea!

I take thyroid medication, which means I never get to eat breakfast with the guys (have to wait at least an hour before eating); by the time I can eat, I'm usually not in the mood for whatever was made.

But Alex said they were yummy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker