Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Caramelized Toffee Waffles

.



Freshly made; vanilla-heavy batter, with close to a half cup of chocolate-covered toffee bits mixed in. Brown sugar sprinkled over the iron before batter is ladled in, as well as on top of the batter; cook till golden.

Matt says: "Very crunchy, and given the nature of the iron, that was clearly a consequence of the brown sugar on top. The toffee chips weren't particularly prominent, but the brown sugar clearly gave both crunch and sweetness."




Blog Party#15 is here, and this month, we're hitting the books! That's right, we're taking inspiration from our favorite stories and turning them into appetizers and cocktails! Post your dishes no later than Thursday, 19 October...early is always good...and get your links to me either by posting in the comments, or by emailing me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the party round-up Saturday, the 21st. Hope to see you there!



Tagged with: + + + +

6 Thoughts for food:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger Brilynn said...

You make me really miss my deceased waffle maker, :(

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

Steph, are you TRYING to kill me? these look so yummy!

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Brilynn;

You must get a new one!!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Barbie...

No...! I'd never do that. I only use my powers for good, never for evil.

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger FH said...

OH!! That looks so yummy! Good for sunday mornings!!

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Foodie's Hope!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker