Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

SHF: I'm a Little Late with the Little Bites!

.



The very lovely Jeanne is hosting this month's SHF, and made an already fabulous event even more-so when she called for our sweets to be in small bites. If you know me, it's obvious how much I like bite-sized foods!

I've had a rather rotten week, though, so all my tiny dessert plans went crashing to the kitchen floor. Recipes were cut, and in the end, another just wasn't ready in time.

In fact, I'm late as I post this!

But I promised Jeanne I'd be here, so here you go.

Both above and immediately below, Thimble Cookies Re-Thunk; from Gale Gand, a light and crunch butter cookie which is supposed to be cut into rounds the size of a thimble. Using a thimble.

I haven't any thimbles, though, not being much of a sewer. Lids to tiny bottles didn't work, either.

So, I inaugurated a set of very cute, very tiny, Halloween cutters, instead.



I felt a bit like I was starring in a Lucky Charms commercial as I set them up: blue cats, yellow ghosts, silver moons, green headstones, red pumpkins, and purple bats.




Mint and chocolate. A favorite of Matt's. In it's simplest form. Chocolate Tiddlywinks; whole mint leaves covered in chocolate, and pressed into something more-or-less resembling a circle.

Much less sharp mint than you usually get out of a chocolate-mint treat, and the whole thing verges on the savory.

It's my hope to add to this post later this weekend; I have another dough in the refrigerator that I simply hadn't time to get to, as well as the pan still setting. If things go well, I can include a few more little bites soon.




Tagged with: + + + + +

8 Thoughts for food:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger Brilynn said...

I was in a rush to get my post up too and abandonned any original plans I had to make tiny, intricate things.

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost missed it too. I was rushed and so did not do what I had originally planned.
Your cookies look cute...everything is cuter when it is tiny.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Abby said...

Those are so cute! They look fun to eat, too. I barely got mine posted last night. I hope she got my email for the roundup!

Cute things are fun but SO MUCH MORE time-consuming to make. I hope the next SHF is for BIG food!

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Hi Stephanie

Better late than never (and you know I' not too bothered about deadlines!!) It is true though - little things do take more time somehow. But when they work out right, it's somehow worth all the effort. These look lovely - like little jewels! Thanks so much for joining in the teensy weensy fun ;-)

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Brilynn;

I'm so mad at myself, though. I had so many wonderful little things I was going to make, and time just slipped away.

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Peabody...that's why there's a Blog Party!!

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Abby; I agree. It's one of the reasons I make my chocolate chip cookies so big...it takes a lot less time to get them done!

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Jeanne, you knew I wasn't going to miss this one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker