Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Baked Doughnut Muffins

.



It is with a certain amount of shame that I must confess to you: this is only the first recipe from The Good Home Cookbook I've made!

It's tragic, almost.

After all, I was one of the happy housewife recipe-testers for the book (I think I eventually tried eleven recipes), I have my autographed copy, and have given as gifts several others.

And this is the first time I've used the book? What the heck is wrong with me?

Oh, yeah.

It sits on a shelf, a shelf that itself is one of three dedicated cookbook shelves in our home, surrounded by maybe one hundred other volumes, vying for my attention.

Alright. I don't feel nearly as guilty now.

I made these muffins for the 'boys' last week. Matt didn't think they actually tasted like dough nuts, but he did like them. I thought they smelled wonderful.

I made the recipe according to directions, but instead of pouring into regular muffin tins, I used the jumbo pan, getting a meager four muffins instead of ten.

That touch of nutmeg in the batter did, I think, add that air of dough nuts, though.




Time to start thinking about this month's Blog Party theme...and for October, it's all about Halloween!

Do something frightful with your favorite appetizers and cocktails, and get your entries to me no later than Thursday, 25 October...hope to see you there!



Tagged with: + + + + + + +

6 Thoughts for food:

At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look wonderful! I'll have to make some tomorrow for breakfast.

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Brilynn said...

I have that book and like all of my cookbooks, I haven't cooked nearly enough out of it...

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I know that feeling. Sometimes, I just randomly pull a book off the shelves and pick a few recipes for the week's menu...out of guilt!

 
At 1:53 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Jane!

Do you have the book, too? It's such an easy recipe; I hope you like them!

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Oh I have loads of cookbookS I've never cooked from, just leafed through. I'm sad that way ;-) The muffins look beautiful!

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Jeanne!

I try so very hard to use as many books as I can, but I don't think there are enough meals left in my lifetime to pull that off.

And yet? I keep buying more cookbooks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker