Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, October 12, 2007

Crusty Potato Frittata

.



Well, not so crusty.

A pretty straightforward recipe from Food & Wine; Crusty Potato Frittata, served with Romesco Sauce & chorizo.

Diced potatoes are roasted in the oven, put in a skillet, covered with beaten eggs & cooked in a hot oven for a few minutes.

It seemed to take a bit longer than 'suggested' for the eggs to firm up, and I'm not entirely sure mine was as set as I usually like.

The Romesco recipe F&W included was pretty hard-core; I had neither the time nor the ingredients to make it. Instead, I used a much simpler version, with only a handful of foods.

It was ok. The idea was sound, but I was somewhat underwhelmed by the finished product. The sauce had a nice tang, which served as a decent contrast to the rich eggs. I'm not sure I'd do this exact thing again; the sauce takes a bit of time to make, and I think I'd rather just fry up potatoes and eggs on the stove.





Time to start thinking about this month's Blog Party theme...and for October, it's all about Halloween!

Do something frightful with your favorite appetizers and cocktails, and get your entries to me no later than Thursday, 25 October...hope to see you there!



Tagged with: + + + + + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 11:06 PM, Blogger love.boxes said...

It looks really good though. If you'd said it was really, really delish.. I would have believed you. Atleast it posed for a pretty picture. :)

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Chef Mom said...

I completely agree that it at least looks delicious. It sounds like I wouldn't want to make this dish just for me, but if I had company over for brunch, this sounds perfect. Stick it in the oven and let it set up while running around preparing the rest of the meal.

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi, Love-Boxes!

Oh, I'm not saying it wasn't good...it just wasn't a 'wow' dish.

But thanks!

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey, chef mom!

Ah, don't count on it. This little dish cooks up in just a couple minutes...I barely had time to get the plates out before it was ready!

I think it was simply the size of the cast iron skillet I used for Matt's that caused the delay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker