Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, March 07, 2008

Easy is Good

.



I'd had Mark Bittman's Quick & Easy Recipes from The New York Times on my Amazon wish list for some time, and finally bought it a couple of weeks ago (it nicely padded out an order to get free shipping...yay Amazon!).

During the summer, I got a 'taste' of his work, through a listing of 100 super-quick & easy dishes. We made...oh, maybe a dozen of them...and decided we liked the way he thinks.

So last night, with a plan to use as few dishes as possible (bit of a backlog at the moment), I flipped through the book and landed on the recipe for Chickpea Soup with Sausage.

This truly was an easy recipe. I opted for the shortcut, and used canned chickpeas. They, along with vegetable stock, diced carrots, celery and onion, are cooked till tender. Half of that is pureed, and added back to the pot. Throw in some sliced garlic, and some sliced, cooked sausage (this is where I divided the soup into two pots), and cook till warm.

Serve with a drizzle of olive oil.

It's hearty, filling. Smelled incredible. It really didn't need the sausage (Matt's were hot links, mine Boca Italian 'sausages'), but their addition made it even better.

The cookbook is already littered with sticky tabs, so I have a feeling we'll be working our way through it.





This month, Blog Party's all about the ultimate hand-held food & having a Pizza Party!

Top your pies...full-sized and sliced, or in miniature form...any way you want, pour yourself a drink, and join the party. You have till Thursday, 20 March to RSVP...hope to see you there!





Tagged with: + + + + + + +

8 Thoughts for food:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger breadchick said...

I've been eyeballing that cookbook for a bit. I'm just afraid there aren't enough sticky flags in the world though...

UM Pizza, might have to find my way back to the front room with this one!

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

breadchick...it's a nice book. I don't love/want everything, but there's plenty of tempting recipes in there!

I hope you do...it'll be a good party!

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger daphne said...

darn! I have just posted my pizza recipe a few days ago!

 
At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that soup looks goood. and it's a cold rainy soup kinda day in NYC today. chickpeas + sausage = awesome.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Brilynn said...

That soup is so appealing to me right now. If I had the ingredients I'd make it...

I don't though... so I'm making pizza instead ;)

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Daphne...ack!

Maybe you could re-work the left-overs??

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Michelle...it's amazing how good that soup was, and how easy, too!

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Brilynn...it's always a good idea to keep chickpeas in the pantry...!

Yay...pizza!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker