Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Warm Potato Salad with Pancetta & Brown Butter Dressing

.



A little different than the usual mayo-yellow mustard coated potato salad.

Fingerling potatoes (we found this lovely trio of Yukons, reds & purple) are sliced & boiled just till tender, then tossed with a dressing of butter-cooked pancetta with shallots, a nice grainy mustard & sherry vinegar, & finally topped with chives.

Despite the amount of pork fat in this dish, the lack of mayonnaise makes this rather light compared to conventional potato salads. Oh, and quite tasty. (says Matt)

4 Thoughts for food:

At 4:32 AM, Blogger Pille said...

I like the idea of using different-coloured potatoes for a potato salad!!

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Pille, the first time I ever saw something like this, it was touted as a "Red, White & Blue" potato salad...for the 4th of July!

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger breadchick said...

OK, your batting 3 for 3 on my catch-up reading of your posts. Now I have NO idea what I'm making for dinner tonight....

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

breadchick...ha, ha!!

Now, I like a good, old-fashioned mayo-based potato salad myself. But this was entirely for Matt's benefit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker