Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, August 03, 2009

HHDH#27: Sugar Snap Pea, Cucumber, Mint & Tofu Summer Salad

.




Reach for the smelling salts.

Not only have I quite possibly returned to blogging, but I have (dun dun dun!) entered a blogging event!!

It's ok. I can wait till you've recovered. Take your time.




I saw there was a new Hey Hey It's Donna Hay!, & since we've very nearly deified her in our house....it seemed as good a reason to do this again as any.



The current 'challenge' was given by Akshayapaatram in conjunction with Chez Us: a light, fresh summer salad.

This is very much how we've been eating around here, anyway.


Yes, we made some changes to the original recipe. A strong dislike of bean thread noodles (on my part) led to the substitution of rice noodles. Instead of green beans, there were sugar snap peas, one of my favorites vegetables of all time. Foul, dish soap-y cilantro got the heave-ho.Oh! Tofu. Added cubes of tofu. And instead of fish sauce in the dressing we used soy (2/3 vegetarians, remember) & put sriracha in there instead of chillies in the salad, itself.

Really good, & as it should be. Light & fresh & cool.

10 Thoughts for food:

At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Eva said...

Glad to see you back! Was convinced that you only had a blog holiday! :) My blog holiday has been a year long now, but maybe I will be back some day. Hope all is well with you, family and pups!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Charles Thomas said...

Any suggestions for those of us who ADAMANTLY do not do tofu?

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Deb in Hawaii said...

WOW! Nice to see you back in action. Looks like a perfect summer salad--yum!

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

EVA!!!!!!!!!


I swear to god, I was thinking about you only last week. I even have stuff for you, darn it. I'm just too lazy to send it.

Yes, I hope you & the blog come back. I'm pushing myself to be here more.

We're all good, thank you! Alex starts first grade in a week, & Matt & I are busy but happy. How are YOU??? Miss you!

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Charles...just leave it out. The original recipe didn't call for it; I just added tofu for a little something extra. Or, you could toss on some griled fish or something.

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Deb, and thanks. Just haven't had the...drive lately, I guess. And yes, it was a Great summer salad.

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Chez US said...

Your salad sounds great. I love the addition of sugar snap peas, I think they are the overlooked veggie! Glad to have you participate in HHDD!

Denise

 
At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Soma said...

Congrats Stephanie!!

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Denise. I love them as a snack, & it seemed like something fresh & tasty to toss in.

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Soma!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker