Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Smoked Chicken & Tortellini in a Cream Sauce

.




It was one of those days...a Saturday, I believe...that just got away from us. We'd had a plan for dinner, but ended up too tired to bother.

Night wore on, realized we had to eat something. As always, I started suggesting things Matt might like. He was stuck on pasta, so I suggested he use up the cheese tortellini we'd gotten for something else.

He liked that idea.

I then brought up the remainder of the smoked chicken he still had in the refrigerator.

Also in favor of this.

And yes, we did have some cream left...so very quickly, what might have been a peanut butter sandwich kind of night resulted in...for him anyway...a pretty tasty & unexpected dinner.

4 Thoughts for food:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger Misty said...

Isn't that always a great surprise? When you're tired and uninspired, throw a few things together, and end up with a tasty dish without even thinking about it... Always a good thing.

I really like the dish you plated it in too.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Misty...yes, I love it when this happens. A rummage through pantry or fridge results in someething delicious!

Thank you; I think I got them at Target last year

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger breadchick said...

Now why when I'm uninspired don't I think of great foods like this?

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

breadchick; I don't know! Maybe becaues you don't have me there to point you in the right direction??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker