Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, June 07, 2024

Seeing Stars

.

Ravioli filled with sun-dried tomato, roasted garlic, mascarpone, smoked mozzarella & Asiago with a balsamic cream sauce


 

Continuing with the 'use what's already here' push, there was a jar of sun-dried tomatoes in the cupboard I only recently unearthed (no worries, it was still good). 

And while it takes a toll on me (I suffer for my art!), the guys love when I make pasta.  

So I did.


The dough was colored with tomato paste; Matt 3D printed a star-shaped ravioli form.

For the filling, I first minced then processed the tomatoes before mixing that with smoked mozzarella, mascarpone (because Alex loathes ricotta), the tail end of some roasted garlic (reminder to self: make more), Asiago, and a bit of nutmeg, salt and pepper. 

I wanted the sauce to provide some oomph; I found this recipe for a balsamic cream sauce...and it stepped up.

A scattering of toasted pine nuts, and done.


So...yeah.

I ended up with not quite four sheet trays of ravioli. I think we made one-ish for dinner. 

Until Matt liked it so much, he brought the pasta water back to a boil, and cooked some more.


The rest are in the freezer, plus some leftover dough I turned into fettuccine. With the remainder of the sauce, I think the guys are set for awhile.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker