Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Because breakfast is the most important meal of the day...

.

The time: Tuesday morning, 1:21 am.

The scene: My kitchen

"Oh, crap...Matt doesn't have anything for breakfast! But it's so late...no, I'm sure I can find something to make that won't keep me up all night. I hope."

I keep crazy hours. I know I shouldn't, but I do. I was cleaning up the kitchen, and hurrying so I could take a shower, when I realized I hadn't made anything for Matt to take to work.

Fortunately, I have an emergency stash of recipes, that I keep clipped to our authentically 50's metal kitchen cabinets, for occasions such as this.

Skipping the first, because I didn't have white cheddar cheese in the refrigerator, I found Key Lime Muffins next in line.

I didn't have Key Limes, but Matt did come home from the grocery store with a bag of regular limes last weekend.

Ok, this might work. Hmmm...no difficult, out-of-stock ingredients. Throw everything together (ok, there was some zesting), pour it into a muffin pan, and bake.

Great. So that's what I did. And while the muffins baked, I got my washing up and pre-shower rituals out of the way.

Muffins come out to cool, I take a quick shower. I'm clean, and now whisk together lime juice, zest and powdered sugar for a glaze. A few minutes to set, and Matt has breakfast.


(see all that gooey lime icing?)



You can just pick out the green from the zest here (and you'll notice I cleaned up between pictures!)

Matt was surprised to find Ziplock baggies filled with citrus-y goodness, and has already downed half. Easy to make, quick to bake...just like the recipe claims!

7 Thoughts for food:

At 6:35 AM, Blogger Niki said...

Who wouldn't want to wake up to those? There's nothing that shows love so much as homebaking, in my eyes.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Ana said...

Stephanie, those muffins look gorgeous. I was hoping to see the recipe...

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Niki, I agree!

Ana, I'd be happy to send it to you...

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Cate said...

We gotta get you to start posting the recipes too. ;) I CAN'T BELIEVE you were up at 1:30, baking something. GO TO BED!!!

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I know...I know. I suffer for my 'art'.

Sweetnicks; the recipe is on it's way! Be sure to let me know if you get it...I've sent a couple your way, but wasn't sure you got them.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Indira said...

Ha.. the sacrifices we do for full bellies and happy faces.
Look delicious.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Indira!

My 'sacrifice', as it is, is not made in vain. Matt will regularly make sushi for me on weekends! Yum...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker