Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

And off she goes...

.

I'm on another 'kick'; this time it's Nigel Slater's Real Food.

I have to thank Niki for this one; her recent post on cookbooks made me drag it out and give it another look-through.

First meal was Pasta with Spicy Sausage, Basil and Mustard, and Parmesan Bread.





Nice way to start, let me tell you!

Would you believe we actually forgot to sprinkle the Parmesan on the garlic bread? It was still pretty good, though. And the herbs for dinner came from the garden...

The pasta was wonderful. Italian sausage (with Boca Italian Meatless Sausages for me), crumbled and browned in olive oil, add white wine and cook, then add cream, red pepper flakes, salt and basil. Toss with a tube pasta.

Oh, man...so good! Creamy, with a touch of heat. And very filling.

So, two recipes down, sixteen to go!

7 Thoughts for food:

At 12:51 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, I'm with you, sister!

When the low-carb craziness began, Matt and I just scoffed. We knew it couldn't last...and we certainly weren't hopping on that bandwagon; we love pasta, bread, rice much too much!

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Niki said...

Ohhh yum! Love that bread especially!
I'm having to go low carb at the moment - a borderline diabetic diet - as I've just been diagnosed with some nasty female syndrome of the endocrine system/hormones (PCOS) which causes me, amongst other nasty things, to be insulin resistant and put on weight by eating bread, pasta, sweets etc. Luckily my favourite type of meal is a simple piece of meat and fresh vegetables, rather than a plate of pasta, but still...I don't like having restrictions on what I should and shouldn't eat. But if it starts making me feel and look better, than it has to be better.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Indira said...

Bread rolls look yummy. I do bake whole wheat bread occasionally, that's all the baking I do. I should learn to bake these delicious rolls. Look so tempting.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, Niki...my heart goes out to you!

Both for the cause and remedy.

Indira; this is an absolute no-fuss bread. It's simply a garlic-herb butter, smeared between slits in a baguette, then baked and topped with Parmesan.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks (other) Stephanie! Cleary, the path you picked worked for you, and I appreciate you sharing with every one else.

(this multi-Stephanie thing is getting confusing!)

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Niki said...

Hi other Stephanie. Thanks so much for the info and the link. I'm going to check it out as soon as I don't have my boss floating around the office.
I once did the really low/no carb thing, bit it's so difficult. What I'm doing now is not eating pasta (not a big problem) and changing my bread to rye bread (yum) or wholemeal/wholegrain. Not too awful, as I don't eat a lot of bread - but it's just far too hard to cut out bread altogether. Makes work lunches more difficult and expensive.
The sweets are what really get me...But I figure a little dark chocolate here and there, and a slice of cake occasionally are not going to *totally* throw my body into backwards drive. At least, that's my theory! :-)

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Niki said...

oh, and trying not to eat many potatoes! Sometimes that's really hard, but so far I haven't had a very big problem with it. It's lucky I love other vegetables though....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker