Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, July 04, 2005

Trial and Error

.



Or, When a recipe goes wrong.

Last week, I made a White Chocolate Pound Cake. I just felt like baking one.

I carefully followed the directions, as I (almost) always do. Melted chocolate in the cake, as well as white chocolate layered with the batter: cake, chocolate, cake, chocolate, cake.

Sounds simple, doesn't it?

Well, I did as I was instructed. I baked the cake as long as I was told, too. I inserted a wooden skewer into the cake, instead of the recommended knife, but still...the skewer came out clean. I let the cake cool, transferred to a rack, drizzled with both white and semisweet chocolate.

And yet...it just didn't look right.

I finally got around to cutting a piece for Matt to try. The inside? Still looked...wet. Clearly not done. However, if I'd kept the cake in the oven longer, the exposed portion would have been hard and blackened.

So...we chucked the cake in the trash. What a waste.

Anyone have a tried-and-true white chocolate pound cake recipe they'd like to share? I know I'm not going back to this one!

3 Thoughts for food:

At 7:59 PM, Blogger Niki said...

Oh, what a shame. If you're like me you try every possible way to redeem the cake before resorting to throwing in the bin. I had to do it with a honeycake recently, and I felt such a failure!

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Cate said...

No pound cake, but would you settle for a White Chocolate Bundt Cake? Made one today that was absolutely, positively excellent.

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Niki, you're right. I tried my best, but there was no saving it.

Sweetnicks...I'd love it! This cake was baked in a bundt pan, so why not?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker