Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

A Jiggle without the Hooves

.



In the box of goodies sent by Julia were packets of agar-based desserts. We tried out a pack this past weekend...and look at the results!

I've never seen a gel dessert so firm...Matt had fun just tapping on it.

This one's green apple-flavored, and Alex really liked it. Once he figured out how to keep a hold of it, that is!

4 Thoughts for food:

At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man, stephanie, that color is, um, interesting.

i have never gotten an agar-based dessert to set up properly. i remember making a lemon mousse cake several years ago, and when i unmolded it, it collapsed on the table. tasted good though. i think more experimenting is in order, on my part.

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

The color, unfortunately, comes out a bit more aquamarine than it reall is. Think, well...green apple.

I've used agar in a few things, and have only had success. I've used in mousse, in pastry creams...and it's always worked. Of course, I only use the powdered agar. I once tried it with a more plant-like looking agar, and...let's just say 'not so good'.

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow, the color sure is interesting, in a fun way, Stephanie! :)

If you prefer less bite to the agar, increase the proportion of liquid. Coconut milk or fruit works well with agar too.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Julia, I don't know why it looks so...radioactive...in this picture! It's considerably more green in real life!

Oh, and Matt took some of the Milo to work...he loves it. It's a lot more, oh...dark chocolate, than he'd expected; which is probably why he's so happy with it.

And while it's close to 90 degrees here, his workplace is over-air conditioned. The hot drink comes in handy...thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker