Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Butterscotch 'Scones'

.



Some of you wanted to know how I fared with this cookbook; last week, I finally made something from it: Butterscotch Scones.

Yeah, I hear you. That doesn't look anything like a scone to me, either!

The book is old, the author...not a spring chicken, either. But I don't see how that allows for a jelly roll-type pastry to be called a scone...

Oh, well.

Oh-so simple to make, and Matt said they were perfect with his morning tea.

I'm still working through the book...most of the recipes will require more work than my formerly-ill self could manage. But, I'm 98.5% better, so I suppose it's time to start baking again!

10 Thoughts for food:

At 3:30 AM, Blogger eat stuff said...

oh well! Not your fault, they do look nice :)

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Yes, they look really good. And I love butterscotch...

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Nic said...

Even if they're not scone shaped, they still look very tasty. And butterscotch is good with everything!

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Clare! I'm still trying to figure out what makes them 'scones', though...

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Steph! You know you're welcome to the recipe.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Nic!

I agree; butterscotch is a fantastic flavor.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Joe said...

We like butterscotch so even if they don't look exactly like scones I bet they taste very good!

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Joe!

And you know you're always welcome to the recipe.

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger eat stuff said...

Were they self raisng flour with butter rubbed in then milk and egg and stirred ??? That is a scone mix :)

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Clare: no, I never use self-raising flour unless it's called for. This was plain ol' flour.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker