Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Blog Party#5: Vegas, Baby!

.

If 'Sin Is In', then 'The Vice Is Nice'.

(If you find yourself asking 'huh?', just hang in there for a few minutes!)

It's time to start thinking about our next Blog Party, and boy, are we in for a good one!

As December begins, we all start thinking about the New Year. Many of us start thinking, planning for 2006. We make lists. List of things we wish we hadn't done (eaten an entire chocolate cake by ourselves...in one night). And things we want for the next twelve months (not eating an entire cake in one sitting).

The end of the year is all about setting up rules for ourselves, or 'resolutions'. Personally, I never make resolutions...they're just too much pressure. I prefer to think in terms of 'life-long changes'.

Sometimes we make plans to improve our minds and relationships: "I'm going to learn a new language", or "I'm going to try harder to keep in touch with my friends".

Other are more body-related: "I'm going to exercise more", "I'm going to eat more fruits and veggies", or "I promise to get my annual check-up".

We tend to phrase them in terms of "I will" and "I won't". But one way or another, we set rules for ourselves.

So, before we play auditor to the record books of our lifestyle, why shouldn't we have one last 'hoorah'?

And that's what we're going to do!

This month's Blog Party is Vegas, Baby!...Vegas, the epicenter of decadence, indulgence, total me-me-me-ism.

Vegas, where your every whim can be met. Where 'if you want it, you got it' is a way of life.

This month, we're all about the foods and drinks we love, no matter how expensive or bad for you they are. The appetizers we'd normally smile and say 'no, thank you' to.

This month? We're giving in! It's the last night of the year, so let's go out with a bang.

Whatever you love, whatever you crave...this Blog Party is all about allowing yourself to eat and drink the foods we desire.

If you like blinis with salmon and caviar? Make 'em.

Pâté? Visit your butcher, and have at it.

If you love Bugles stuffed with Cheez Whiz, go for it.

Anytime between the 15th and (noon EST, US time) 17th of December, send in your Vegas, Baby! posts, including an appetizer and drink in accordance with the theme...go all out!

On the 17th, I'll post the round-up, including decorating ideas and music suggestions. And just the like the food, I'll be going all-out!

Here's a refresher course on the Blog Party rules:

Each entry should include at least one cocktail. This could be either alcoholic or non; either way, we're looking for a party drink!

Your entry should also include at least one appetizer dish. What qualifies as an appetizer/finger food? So glad you asked.

The food:
  • Finger foods: anything that can be picked up, carried around and eaten with one hand...the use of the second hand as crumb catcher is perfectly acceptable

  • Dippers: vegetables, crackers, bread, chips, breadsticks and any inventive foods which are used for scooping or spreading dips and uh...spreads

  • Miniature meals: by this, I mean a normal-sized dish, cut or displayed as individual servings. A quiche, cut into small enough pieces to be eaten in less than four bites would be accepted.


Once you've posted your Blog Party entries, you may leave a link here in the comments, or you can email your submissions to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com.

I'll book the room, and hope to see you there!


Tagged with
, , , , ,

16 Thoughts for food:

At 11:31 PM, Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

Bugles with Cheez Whiz?

Ugh....I need to vomit now. The B word alone makes me ill, dating back to college when I binged on nearly a whole box aftera foul night of drinking...which led to nothing good.

Ugh...

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Yeah, well...to each her own!

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Stephanie,
What a great theme! I am excited to participate as I love Vegas and I am thinking of all of the things I love to eat when I am there! It is totally a gorging place for me.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Heather!

I'm so glad you like it...Vegas is truly a one-of-a-kind place, and all about just letting loose and having a good time.

Why shouldn't Blog Party jump on the bandwagon?

Can't wait to see you there!

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea! I've been to Vegas 3 times so far this year with another trip planned for Xmas day. So I definitely understand the Vegas mentality!

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Fantastic, Beth!

I've only been once, but it's hard not to be dazzled by the sheer 'holy cow-ness' of the place, isn't it?

I'll look for you at the party!

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Ziz said...

woo exciting theme! I will have to give this careful thought...:)

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Yay, Alicat!

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

 
At 4:38 AM, Blogger Kai said...

Aww, this is sinful, awww ;-)

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Perhaps, Kai, but just think: you can spend the next twelve months doing penance!

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger Nupur said...

Great idea, Stephanie! I'm a pro at over-indulging so this should be easy for me :)
Just a suggestion: Do you want to mail sweetnicks and put up the event on "sticky date"?

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Great, Nupur!

I have, in fact, sent an email to Sweetnicks. But I think the flat tires and flooded basement have pre-empted any updating!

 
At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Stephanie! What a great party -- I love Vegas! And this month -- no crazy weddings to cater or classes to cook. There is the minor problem of being in England for business during the Blog Party itself but can't I just make stuff early and post it later (or is that cheating?).

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

You most certainly can!

Make your dishes anytime and send them to me as early as you want. As long as I have them prior to the round-up, we're good!

(no one but us needs to know...!)

So, I'll see you there?

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger MeBeth said...

I will DEFINITELY be there! Woo hoo, Vegas baby!

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Fantastic! I'll be looking for your entry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker