Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Pecan Chicken and Spicy Cornmeal Potato Wedges

.



Every once in a while, I'll troll some of my favorite foodie sites. My purpose? Find new recipes.

A couple of weeks ago, I grabbed a bunch from Food & Wine and Epicurious, and we're making our way through them.

Monday night, it was Pecan Crusted Chicken. Chicken breasts (or Veat) dipped first in egg and water, then a mixture of pecans, cornstarch, cayenne, sweet paprika, thyme and salt (pulsed in the food processor). Pan-fry in oil (I used olive instead of vegetable), about five minutes per side. Serve with a dipping sauce made from mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, sugar, cayenne and salt.

The chicken was fantastic. The cornstarch give the chicken a nice, crunchy crust. And the whole thing came together in about 20 minutes. My kind of food.

To go with, Matt first parboiled some potatoes, then cut them into wedges, followed by coating them with a seasoned cornmeal mix. Baked them till they were nice and crunchy.

All in all, a pretty good meal. Little effort, good results. And very little clean-up!



Blog Party #6 has been announced, and this month? We're going Retro! Click here for all the information, and hope to see you at the party!




Tagged with
, , , ,

4 Thoughts for food:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Love the coating on the potato idea! Sounds very tasty!

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Joe!

It was really, really good...do try it!

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

The pecan chicken sounds like something I must try. Low carb, too!!

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Kalyn; that chicken is so good...and so easy to make, I know you'll love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker