Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Hay Hay It's Donna Hay Day #4: Brilliant Bruschetta

.



Bron Marshall is hosting this round of Hay Hay it's Donna Hay!

And our challenge this time? Brilliant Bruschetta.

Sure, I can do that.

Above, a Brunch Bruschetta, with thin slices of ripe avocado, creamy scrambled eggs (I used half-and-half), topped with diced smoked salmon.



Next, a Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Bruschetta; fragrant basil from the garden and oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes whizzed in the food processor, and decorated with grated Asiago.




You know I always do dessert! Here we have a lovely Chocolate-Peanut Butter Bruschetta, with chopped, salted peanuts.



And the best for last, of course! Nutella Bruschetta! Much too good.



Tagged with: + + + + + + + + + +

9 Thoughts for food:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Bron!

I finally had a chance to check out your blog(s) today; jeez, do I feel like an amateur now!

I can't help myself...I tend to get carried away when it comes to bite-sized foods.

Thanks for a great theme.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I am more of a traditional bruschetta kind of guy, myself.

Interesting mini menu thought;)

Chris
My Blog

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Well, the point of the event is to create as many unusual and original bruschetta toppings as possible. The more traditional ones wouldn't get me too far!

 
At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to come for dinner, what time?

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Dolores said...

Your scrambled egg ensamble and the peanut butter dessert bruschetta have to be some of the most creative interpretations I've seen so far. Non-traditional works for me! :)

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Tanna...how does six o'clockwork for you??

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Culinarily Curious; Thank you so much!

I just love to play with flavors, so events like this are a lot of fun for me.

 
At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for participating Stephanie. All your toppings are great but I think my fave would be the scrambled eggs and avocado.

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Barbara!

I'm a huge fan of Donna's; an Australian blogger got me into her by sending one of the magazines. I was hooked after just a few pages! Martha has nothing on this woman, that's for sure.

Now, I hunt the bookstores for current issues, and buy her books; some weeks, three meals come from Donna's recipes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker