Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Potato Basil Frittata

.



The temperature is dropping, and it's time to harvest the remaining herbs from our garden.

We have lots of basil.

Lots and Lots of basil.

And because Matt loves basil, here's Ina Garten's Potato Basil Frittata.

Matt's having it for breakfast (which won't occur for another eight or so hours, as I type this), so I have no idea how it tastes. But man...did it smell good! The frittata baked while we were watching Heroes, and the aroma coming from the kitchen was so...yummy, I was almost distracted from that awesome show.

Almost.




Cooked in the cast iron skillet; why is that fried potatoes and eggs always taste so good?





Blog Party#15 is here, and this month, we're hitting the books! That's right, we're taking inspiration from our favorite stories and turning them into appetizers and cocktails! Post your dishes no later than Thursday, 19 October...early is always good...and get your links to me either by posting in the comments, or by emailing me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the party round-up Saturday, the 21st. Hope to see you there!



Tagged with: + + + + + + + + +

5 Thoughts for food:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger :: Pastry Girl :: said...

It's looks yummy..I have never tried this before..Think I will make it this coming week. Thanks for the inspiraton! :)

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Linda;

You're welcome! Frittatas are wonderful things...you can toss almost anything in; it's a great way to clean out the refrigerator!

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Happy you liked it, honey.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Heather said...

this looks excellent. I think I need to try myself a frittata. You make and recommend great muffins, I can't expect anything less from you.

I made the brown sugar streusel muffins tonight and they are fabulous.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Heather;

I'm so glad you liked them!

Happiness is a warm muffin...or something along those lines.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker