Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Blog Party Round Up

.

Well, it looks like it's just the five of us tonight, ladies!

But we have lots of 'take-in' food and drinks, so I hope you're hungry!

Tonight, because of the small crowd, and the type of food we're enjoying, I thought that instead of putting on some music, we'd curl up on the couch, open up all those containers of take-out, and watch some movies and play games!

Since it's just the 'girls' this evening, let's start off with the dashing and handsome Cary Grant, shall we?



In the Signature Collection, we can pick from Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House, The Bachelor and the Bobbysoxer (with a teenage Shirley Temple!), Destination Tokyo, Night & Day (with Grant as Cole Porter), and one of my all-time favorite films, period; My Favorite Wife.

If you want something a little different, and because The Good German won't be out till December, we can always go with the ultimate in romance, Casablanca.



Bogart. Bergman. What more can I say?

And since the DVD player is already on, how about a round of Scene It? The Movie Edition?



It'll be fun, trust me. I can almost guarantee you'll win...I suck at competitive games!

Or we can go low-tech, and break out the original 1935 Edition of Monopoly...love the wooden pieces!



Oh, and of course, as I'm sure there will be left-over's, you'll want to grab a few of these cute little take-out boxes! Fill up; I bought plenty.



And now, let's get to the food!



First one in tonight, it's Elle, who like many of us, really had to stretch to figure this one out. It's also her first Blog Party, so be sure to give her a proper welcome!
But she really came through with her Pesto Chicken Savory Triangles...I'm a fan of anyone who bakes their own focaccia!
Elle brought a six-pack of beer for us, so pass 'em round.
Thanks so much for coming tonight, Elle...your triangles look fantastic!



Next, Haalo makes her return after a much=missed absence, and as usual, she's brought something good!
Tonight, we have her wonderfully crispy Mini Spring Rolls...yum!...and something we'll have to hide from Matt, Strawberry & White Chocolate Milkshakes! It is a girls night, after all.
Haalo, so happy you could come tonight...and pass those spring rolls, please!



Morven's here!! It's her first Blog Party, too, so make room on the couch.
Morven's brought us another delicious Asian appetizer, Gyoza. I love things like this; looks great, Morven!
Not forgetting the beverage, she also suggests a Shandy, which is new to me...beer and Sprite or 7-Up! Glasses are over there, ladies.
So glad you could make it tonight, Morven!



Rounding out the party, say 'hello' to Em!
Em's another first-timer..and the only other American here tonight...of course, I love my Aussie and Kiwi friends, so it works out.
A bit like me, she's brought us a couple of appetizers tonight; Green Curry Chicken Wingettes, and Pizza King Bites...again, we're going to have to kick Matt out of the house, or he'll try to snag those wings! Of course, I'm calling 'dibs' on the pizza. My weakness, I'm afraid.
And she's made sure we'll all get nice and happy tonight, with her Simple-but-dangerous Sangria...good call!





By now you probably know I couldn't help but go over-board with the food...I had to make something for every body!




First, Bite-Size Tacos. How cute are they? I fashioned the shells by cutting corn tortillas with a biscuit cutter, and wrapping them (both sides) with foil coils to keep the shape, and baking them in a moderate oven till brown.

A little (fake) beef, shredded cheese, finely chopped lettuce and tomato, and finally, a dollop of sour cream.



See? They really are bite-sized!


Next, a sushi assortment.



A little bit of everything...and they're all one-bite-able!



Tiny Tomago.



Itty-bitty Avocado.



Pint-sized Plum Paste and Walnut.



And Cute Little (cucumber) Kappa Maki.



Told you they were tiny!



Sandwhich and fries? Sure, why not.



The tiniest French fries, ever.



Itty-bitty subs: poppyseed rolls, cheese, 'meat', lettuce and tomatoes. One bite, max.



Again...tiny!



And finally, Tandoori Chicken Fingers with Pappadum chips!


Can't forget the drink...sort of the ultimate in take-out: a Chocolate Malted...despite the cold here in the States, you won't be able to resist!



Well, that wraps things up for this month. I'm afraid we had absolutely no publicity for Blog Party this time, which (I'm hoping) is the reason we had such a small party.

Of course, I'm thrilled each and every one of you could come tonight!!

But for December, I have something big and sparkly planned...and I'm counting on you, dear friends, to spread the word.

December's party is going to be fun and fancy, and I'm hoping for a big turn-out...and to do this, I'm going to need your help.

So, check back 1 December for the details, and tell everyone!!!





Tagged with: + + + + + + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 12:30 AM, Blogger Elle said...

Hi Stephanie,

Great party. Cary Grant, Casablanca AND Monopoly. Matt may never get to come home. And the array of tiny bite foods...yum.
Great to be invited back for December and I'll be sure to let my friends know.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Elle!

Cary Grant? Oh, my...does it get better than that?

Do you you'll be back next month, and yes...tell everyone !

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Argh! I missed it. Everything looks great. Can't wait to hear what we're having next month.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Sara, and clearly, you're not the only one!

Do hope you can make it next month!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker