Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Sugar High Friday#25: Eight is Enough!!

.



(or, The Trouble with Truffles)

SHF is one of my favorite events. While I may not always eat the sweets I make, I do love handing them off to others!

And when I saw that Johanna had chosen truffles for this round, well, it was serendipitous.

See, this was the year Matt and I were resurrecting the dormant Two-Days-After-Thanksgiving Dinner, the Anti-Turkey event.

Matt doesn't really care for turkey, and I haven't had it in over ten years. For us, the traditional Thanksgiving dinner just doesn't make sense.

But what we used to do, while still in California, was host a huge dinner for friends the Saturday after.

So, we were planning our menu when I saw the SHF announcement. Perfect.

I could do this, and save the 'results' for our guests!!

Of course, I do get a bit ambitious.

I couldn't just make truffles.

No, I had to make Truffles.

Eight of them...sigh

Starting at top left, and going clockwise, Sweet Smoked Paprika (spice added to cream), Cashew-Topped Vanilla (vanilla bean steeped in cream), Orange (orange zest steeped in cream, plus a bit of orange liqueur), Hazelnut (hazelnut oil added to ganache), Fleur de Sel-topped Tea (loose tea infused cream), Amaretto, Pecan-topped Plain, Mint (mint extract in ganache, then rolled in crushed peppermint candy).





Manual labor!







Tagged with: + + + + + +

8 Thoughts for food:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger Brilynn said...

You are amazing. Your truffles are amazing. Just amazing.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Miao 妙 said...

This entry makes me hungry.

Just passing by.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

You crazy chocoholic you! I am waaaaaay impressed - that's not a SHF entry - that's a Christmas Gift Box!! I love the sound of the paprika & the tea/fleur de sel truffles. An inspiration!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Brilynn!

They take a bit of work, but they certianly got rave reviews!

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Miao...happy to help!

Thanks for stopping.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Aw...thanks, Jeanne!

The paprika is awesome; great flavor combo. You really should try it!

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger ilingc said...

stephanie, you are truly amazing. 8 truffles wow! i had enough trouble making 1!

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Iling; I will admit, it took all day to get them done. Matt and I had to schedule stove time, which really dragged out the process.

But, hey...it's not like I do it all the time, so it all works out.

And thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker