Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

We have Cake!

.



It's all over. While again, not perfect, I think the small changes I made to the cake were improvements.


So what am I doing today?

Baking a cake. Of course.






Blog Party#22 is here, and this month, we're taking on the Wild, Wild West!
Turn your favorite Western dishes into appetizers, and cocktails/mocktails, and join the party.
Entries are due Thursday, 17 May; you can leave a comment here, or email your links to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. Hope to see you there!




Tagged with: + + + + + +

14 Thoughts for food:

At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie,

Cake looks beautiful, very spring like.

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

It came out beautifully! I agree with Indira - perfect for spring :)

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Glenna said...

Love the cake--very pretty. Daisies always make me smile.

 
At 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great cake, nothing to compare with my humble cake. But what on earth did they eat in the Wild West? I have no idea!

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something about that cake just makes me smile. Perhaps because green is my favorite color (and it's a lovely shade of green, too). Perhaps it's because it means that spring is not only in full-force outside, but also it has invaded our kitchens! Thanks for posting...it's wonderful!

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Patricia Scarpin said...

Steph, it looks so beautiful!! I can't wait to see the other wonderful cakes you'll bake.

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Nupur said...

Very pretty and cheerful, Stephanie!

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Indira!! How are you? Enjoying spring in Seattle?

And thanks...

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Cathy!

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Glenna...daisies have always been one of my favorite flowers.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Ulrike! Hey...your cake looks awesome.

Lots of living off the land, if you want to go old West. You could do something with beans, or potatoes. Roasting and other long-cook foods would be good.

Do you get reruns of Gunsmoke???

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Pam, that's so sweet; thanks!

When I tested the cake, I used emerald green. But for this one, I used Moss. I was initially worried it'd be too dark, but I really liked the end result.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Patricia!

I don't know that I'm going to make a career out of this, though...way too much stress for a regular thing. I don't mind doing it once in a while, but no way would I make this a career!

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Nupur!! How's St. Louis?

And thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker