Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Spicy, Crisp Tofu on Mint-Avocado Salad

.



No deliberate attempt to 'eat healthy' or anything like that, but the weather (prior to these past two days) has been very spring-like & a craving for something light & fresh came a-knockin'.

As it happens, I had this salad recipe bookmarked; it seemed as good a reason as any to give it a try.

Tofu, pressed then dipped in chile sauce & dredged in panko, and fried till crispy (hang on, I know what you're about to say: but remember, if your oil is at the right temperature, very little oil is absorbed by the food).

Toss torn butter lettuce & whole mint leaves with a dressing of chile sauce, orange juice & zest, olive oil & salt.

Plate a large handful of salad, top with thinly sliced & fanned avocado, serve tofu on the side.


This was really quite good. Tasted like 'Spring'; although admittedly we were hungry a few hours later. Perhaps better suited as lunch dish than dinner.














This month, Blog Party's a little bit naughty as we indulge in our most favorite, uttermost cravings...for April, we're giving in to Devil's Food!

You have till Friday, 17 April to join; so go on...give in, you know you want to!

2 Thoughts for food:

At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found this recipe in an old issue of Body & Soul magazine today, went to Whole Foods, got all the ingredients and followed the directions. Unfortunately mine didn't come out nearly as pretty as yours! The panko fell off the tofu and I've got a kind of sloppy mess here.... yours is lovely though, but I probably won't try this one again. Thanks for sharing your post!

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker