Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Invitation to the Edible Word

.


">


My eternally fabulous co-host of Cook the Books, Cath of A Blithe Palate, and I are co-hosting a new edition of The Edible Word, a foodie book club on September 5 and was hoping one of you would like to join us!
What's involved? Well, a little reading (it IS a book club), a lot of inspiration followed by some cooking or baking, and hopefully, a lot of fun.

We're reading “Confections of a Closet Master Baker” by Gesine Bullock-Prado, a former Hollywood executive who flees La La Land to become a baker in Vermont. The book traces her baking journey as it sustains her through various life trials — the Hollywood machine; her mother’s illness; the wonky life in a sweet, odd small town.

Event rules? Simple:

Pick a dish that she mentions in the book or an ingredient that she talks about.
Find a recipe or create a recipe for that dish, pastry or ingredient, and make it! (or if you like, make one of the yummy recipes she's included in the book)
Post an entry with a picture to your blog and share with us what compelled you to pick that particular dish, and any history about the recipe you created or are using to make that dish.

I have an extra book to share, so if you would like to join this food blogging event, please send me an email at thehappysorceress (AT) gmail (DOT) com with your snail mail address by six o'clock EST TODAY, August 5 and I’ll have one of the dogs randomly select one person to join us. If you don’t have a food blog but would like to participate, I’ll be happy to post your blog entry here.

Look for the event on September 5 and the round up on September 7!

8 Thoughts for food:

At 3:48 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

ooo . . . this sounds like fun! I'd love to win a copy of the book and join in the fun.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger April said...

This sounds like my type of book club! :)

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Esme said...

This sounds like so much fun-more reading and baking and eating-count me in.

PS I would love to read the book.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

i'd love to read the book and participate!

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger SilverMoon Dragon said...

Yay! Another Edible Word. Pretty sure I can do better than scrambled eggs this time.

Only problem is, you say the event is on Sept 5, and the round up Sept 7, and the author (and Amazon) says the book doesn't come out until Sept 8!

Is this event only for those with pre release copies then, or did the dates get mucked up somehow?

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Ladies, if you'll all send me your snail mail address ASAP, I'll see what we can work out! thehappysorceress at gmail dot com

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger Esme said...

I just finished the book and can hardly wait to start baking. Read my review at ChocolateandCroissants

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

Just blogged up my Edible Word submission and am looking forward to a sweet roundup for Gesine's book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker