Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Winding down

.

Well, we're near the end of our Real Food recipes...and none too soon! Yes, the day has come when Matt and I are really full and sick of butter, cream, cheese...bleah.

Slater's recipes are wonderful; just take a tip from me and don't make them two weeks straight!

Anyway, Sunday's dinner was Nigella's Pea Soup and Rarebit Puffs.

First, the soup.

Super simple.

Roasted bulb of garlic, cooked peas, broth and grated Parmesan cheese in a blender. Put in a pot, add more broth, salt and pepper to taste, then cream to taste. Bring to temperature.

Wow...strong garlic flavor. And it actually tastes a bit like peanuts!


Next, the yummy puffs.

Puff pastry, cut into squares. Add a teaspoon of the following mixture: thinly sliced garlic, cooked in butter, marscapone, grated Parmesan, and English mustard. Top with puff pastry, coat with egg and more Parmesan.

Ugh. No, seriously...they were good. But we really are all puff pastry, cheese, cream and egg-ed out!
Nicely flaky, with a not-too-sweet filling. And Alex even ate one, so they must have been good.



We've decided we're going to skip over, temporarily, the few remaining recipes we'd planned. Much less-heavy dishes to come!

1 Thoughts for food:

At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks!! I think Ill return in the near future

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker