Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

And still more Real Food

.

This time, nice and easy...Potato Cakes with Pancetta and Cheese.

Pancetta, cooked crisp. Potatoes (cooked and cooled), grated and formed into patties, cooked in the same pan (with some oil and, of course, butter!), till golden on each side. Top potato cakes with pancetta and sliced Gruyere; cover and let the cheese melt...



I served the spuds with some fried eggs, and roasted garlic bread, toasted. We always did enjoy breakfast for dinner...

The potato cakes are so good! The cheese melts the pancetta (or veggie bacon) into the tops; every bite had me saying "oh, yummy".

And yes, we're intending to purge our culinary souls by eating salads for a week, once we finish out our Nigel Slater recipes! So much butter, and cheese, and cream...

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker