Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Well, that's one option

.

It's so hard for me to find something to eat when we're on the road. Very few easily-accessed establishments offer meat-free fare (I'm not even pretending to to look for vegetarian dishes).

On the long trek from Northern California to Eastern Tennessee, I ate a lot of cheese and veggie subs, I recall.

But now? There's new hope!


Morningstar & Burger King Team Up...

Good news, veggie burger lovers. Burger King is about to become the first fast food joint (or quick service establishment as they like to call it) to offer a veggie burger nationally. The new patty (manufactured by Morningstar Farms) will include the same yummy ingredients as their regular patties (water chestnuts, mushrooms, peppers, brown rice, etc.), and will be available later this month at all BK locations. Vegetarians, worry not. These meat-free delights won't be cooked on the same grills as BK's beef patties.


from Hungry Girl

6 Thoughts for food:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger Indira said...

Subway has veggie patties in most of the locations, but you have to ask for it specifically in a veggie sandwitch. But beware, you feel lot of gurgling noises in your stomach after eating their patty, not so fresh most of the times. I stopped ordering it.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Cate said...

Your local Burger Kings don't have veggie burgers? Ours have had them here for years -- they're delicious with cheese. Yum. When my sister was in college, she used to order a "veggie Whopper" from BK all the time -- and the staff always knew what it meant. Just a whopper without the meat.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Indira, I usually ordered fresh veggies and cheese on mine. I'm often wary of 'patties'...you just don't know what you're getting. Plus, as they're not a hot seller, you really can't be sure how fresh they are!

Sweetnicks, at least one of the BK's here sells them, but apparently the veggie burgers weren't nationwide until now. I know I had one three years ago, not far outside Kville.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Laura said...

also... Taco Bell will substitute beans for meat on almost any of their items... alas, very high fat and not good for long road trips with the windows up. :)

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Laura: this is one I've known for years (I have a cousin who's...um, particular about her food, and would always ordr TB food without the beef, substituting other things.

Unfortunately, I've now had the pleasure of eating authentic Mexican cuisine...so there's no way I'm going to eat outside the box!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Laura said...

amen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker