Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Rolled 'Mexican' Chicken

.



Thursday night's dinner: another 'cheater' recipe; a rolled, vaguely Mexican-flavored chicken dish.

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts pounded flat; topped with a mixture of chipotle-flavored taco seasoning, chopped jalepeno peppers, and shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Roll it up, secure with toothpicks. Dip in melted butter, then coat in crushed tortilla chips mixed with more taco seasoning.

Bake till chicken is done.

As Matt said, not spectacular, but not bad, either.

I think I expected something spicier. I didn't think there was enough flavor, but I will admit my sense of taste is somewhat dulled by that foul Zicam spray. Nas-ty.

I'll be posting my SHF entry a bit later; I was going to make it Thursday, but then my Alias/CSI:Crime Scene Investigation/Without a Trace block started...so, I'll be baking later today!

And look what turned up in my searches! "how does damm new zealand cook its food "

Huh? And why did my blog come up? Seems to have something to do with Matt's post about Barbecue for Foreigners...

There's still time to get your Blog Party #3---Big Game Night entries in! e-mail: thehappysorceress at gmail dot com, or leave a link in the comments...

4 Thoughts for food:

At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait a minute, I'm confused...I thought you didn't eat meat? Am I going crazy? Did you make yours with a chicken substitute?

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

You're not losing your mind, Alice!

That's Matt's dinner in the picture; I made mine with a Veat breast. Unfortunately, the product doesn't lend itself to rolling so I just stuffed the filling into a cut in the fake chicken.

 
At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh...gotcha!

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Alice; I should probably be a bit more clear: you may, in fact, be going crazy...but it's from my post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker