Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

More Like Fort Knox

.

My Mom has thousands of recipes. I'm not talking about cookbook recipes; actually, she never really had many cookbooks.

No, my Mom has papers and cards filled with recipes. Some are quite old. And I couldn't even begin to comment as to their organization.

But I can tell you this: you'd have a better chance of breaking into a secret, black ops lab and stealing weapons-grade plutonium than getting my mother to give up, say, her sugar cookie recipe.

Although she has promised her collection (in triplicate, I hope) to my sisters and me when she dies!

But someone out there has taken the time to scan and post all his Mom's old and tattered recipe cards.

My grandparents have a similar collection. When I was quite small, I decided their recipes needed organizing. So, I pain-stakingly glued recipe cards and newspaper clippings to my green, lined-so-you-learn-to-write-in-cursive school paper; page after page. Stapled together, and given with love and pride.

You know, my grandmother still has that...

Recipe card link courtesy of Pop Culture Junk Mail.

4 Thoughts for food:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger FooDcrazEE said...

wow ! u r very lucky! my grandma was frm China and illiterate, so she cant write. She passed away long ago in 1985 and we do missed her a lot. No recipe for us. My mum did not do that too, so, i'm starting for meself and whoever wants it. Its all own creation or guesstimation frm seeing other people cook or from their recipe which i copied with permission. All in the PC, easier that way but i have yet to organize them...better do that huh ?

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi foodcrazee!

Yes, I am lucky...we're kind of nuts about food in my family, so the history is definitely there.

And yes, you really should get those recipes organized!

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger S said...

That sounds like my Grandma's recipe collection. Some of the ones from magazines are in photo albums with the glue (most of them fall out now since the glue is old!)

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Same thing is happening to the one I made!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker