Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, October 31, 2005

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

.



So, since we're taking Alex out for (his very first) trick-or-treating tonight, I made our Halloween 'feast' Sunday night.

Dinner was 'Mummy (Veggie) Dogs'; squares of puff pastry, topped with a small dab of tomato sauce, a Morningstar Farms veggie dog, shredded Mozzarella, grated Parmesan, and a bit of Penzey's pizza seasoning, all wrapped up like the body of Imhotep, and baked till golden. Talk about your high-class wieners.



Followed by 'Floating Eyeball Soup'; a hearty tomato soup, with floating 'eyeballs'...boccini stuffed with olives (which in turn, are stuffed with pimento). And don't forget the cute little 'bug'!...a Kalamata olive, with rosemary 'legs' and chive 'antenna'.



And then for dessert, Spooky Petit Fours. Cute, aren't they?

The Mummy Dogs are an adaptation of the old wrap-it-up dish; the soup and petit fours are courtesy of Martha Stewart.

6 Thoughts for food:

At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god, stephanie. so cute. and i envy your dedication in the kitchen. i'm so lazy sometimes.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you!

I don't want to admit just how many hours I spent in the kitchen yesterday...it's bad.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Happy Halloween! Love all the themed foods!

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Joe! And Happy Halloween to you, as well...how did your trick or treating go?

 
At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the eyeballs! It all looks so cute!

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks Lisa!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker