Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Chocolate Malt Muffins

.



A few weeks ago while shopping, I saw a container of chocolate malt powder next to the usual malted powder. Of course I had to buy it.

Matt's a big chocolate malt fan...when we still lived in Oakland, we loved to walk down to Barneys for burgers, curly fries, and a chocolate malt for him. Sigh; we miss that place.

I'd recently come across a recipe for Chocolate Malt Muffins, and since I needed something to send with Matt for breakfast, it truly was a no-brainer.

Another simple recipe; chocolate malted-milk powder, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, oil, egg and chocolate chips. Top with a mix of sugar and malted milk powder.

They smelled delicious, and both Matt and Alex (who's still recovering, poor thing) really liked them.

Now, if I can only find some fancier cupcake liners...

4 Thoughts for food:

At 5:41 AM, Blogger Cerebrum said...

Ouh! No regular malt powder around here, and definitely no chocolate malt powder - but they look good anyways!

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, no!

Well, you know I'd be more than happy to send you one or both, if you'd like...

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Randi said...

I bought the best liners, They are expensive. 20 plus shipping for 100, but they are so nice. I think they came from Beryls.com. Its a cake decorating company. I bought the small panetone papers for the cupcakes. You just use them with a cookie sheet.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Randi!

I'm heading to a wonderful baking-supply store, SugarBakers, this weekend...they're dangerously close to my house, so I try not to go there too often!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker