Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

My Kitchen, The First Installment

.

Try, try again.

So, here's my kitchen. Or, some of it, anyway.

A few weeks ago, Celeste of Chopstick Cinema invited me to join other food bloggers and 'show off' my kitchen.

I thought it was a great idea, but was I horrified! My kitchen is never (completely) clean at any one time. But hey, I can show it too you in stages, right?

Here we go:



One half of the most important cupboards in my kitchen; the one holding my baking supplies.



The other half, just as important. There's a certain amount of overflow into the laundry room...cookie cutters, cake decorating supplies (Wilton and I are good friends); but this is the every day stuff.



Above it we keep our Torani syrups, wines and liqueurs.



Like everyone else, we too suffer from toomuchstuffitis, leading to notenoughstorage-syndrome. Hence, the top 'o shelf display.



Confession time: we're a bit tea-obsessed over here.



Snack cupboard. I couldn't tell you how old some of that stuff is...



Here we keep canned legumes, specialty foods, and oil, vinegars, and flavorings.



Spices!



My wonderful husband. He put these shelves up because...well; isn't it clear I need them?

Hope to show sink/stove/etc soon...

8 Thoughts for food:

At 3:22 AM, Blogger eat stuff said...

Stephanie
I too know the pain of toomuchstuffitis :)

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Joe said...

So jealous you can find herseys special dark chocolate cocoa!

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Clare...I'm afraid it's a condition that afflicts all home cooks!

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Joe...let me know if you'd like me to send you a tub!

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Cerebrum said...

Mwahahaha, I love these: notenoughstorage-syndrome and toomuchstuffitis - I'm sure I've seen those two in my medical books! And lovely too have a sneak peak at your kitchen - I like Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime blend (and loads of tea in general!) too!

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Zarah-Maria; they are common ailments!

I live by Sleepytime tea, which is why I have such a big box!

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger kitchenmage said...

Maybe it's a magic thing (me mage, you sorceress) but the contents of your cabinets is the closest to mine that I've seen so far. I've got more gallon jars of flour/sugar/grains than you, and stuff in the garage, but the piles of tea and the chocolate and other baking stuff are mighty familiar.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey, kitchenmage!

Perhaps it is a magical thing!?

We have serious over-spill into the laundry room, as well. And while we may not have as much flour/grains, we tend to buy enough to fit into the containers, and refill when getting low. Still...I think you and I are doing alright!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker