Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, November 25, 2005

Remains of the Day

.


Pesto and Brie Canapes

You asked for it, and you've got it: Thanksgiving pics.


Greens with Pomegranate Seeds with a Red Wine Chambord Vinaigrette


White Asparagus with Pistachio Polonaise

Ooops! Took the photograph before adding the pistachios...


Potato Puree with Cantal Cheese


Cheese Tart


Lemon Champagne Game Hens

Only dinner items not photographed: Lentil Ravioli in Garlic Broth and Blackberry Champagne Cocktail...scarfed down too quickly for a Kodak moment.

On to desserts:


Chocolate Pate with Champagne Sabayon


Cheese Tray...left to right: Bucheron, Gorgonzola Dolce, Comte, St. Andre, Morbier


Marbled Black and White Truffles and Mendiants

If you're interested in any of the recipes, please let me know...

Hope you all had a tasty Thanksgiving!


Tagged with
, ,

14 Thoughts for food:

At 1:35 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Ooh, everything looks great! Tell me more about the pesto-brie canapes! That's something I'd definitely like to try!

 
At 4:01 AM, Blogger FooDcrazEE said...

what a feast!

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Anne...the recipe is on it's way to you!

And thanks!

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks a lot, foodcrazee!

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful looking spread! Oh boy...am getting hungry now...for those game hens...

 
At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're killing me. Really. I feel like I'm drooling to death. Morbier has got to be my favorite French cheese that I can actually buy in this country, followed closely by St. Andre. And you show both!! Such audacity! :-) I hope your meal was as delicious as it looked!!!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Joey!

And we have a couple left over....!!

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Sorry, Christy!

And we have lots of cheese left over, too...not to torment you further, or anything.

It really was as good as it looked, thank goodness!

 
At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow, what a feast! just give me some pesto and brie canapes and i'm happy!!! and some chocolate pate please. drooling here....

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Farmgirl Susan said...

Gorgeous! Innovative! Amazing! And now I'm starving for every single dish. . . : )
Fabulous job.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks so much, stef!

I'll be sending thoe recipes your way, although looks like you're going to be a little too busy to try them anytime soon!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Aw, farmgirl; thanks!

You're welcome to the recipes, if you'd like!

 
At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems like a very good thanksgiving foodwise, Stephanie.

ah.. I was waiting for the lentil ravioli photo more than anything. They must be good. I am thinking of trying the recipe from the link you posted.

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Well, my in-laws claimed they wouldn't need to eat until Saturday, when my brother-in-law (in Texas) was cooking yet another big meal for them, so I guess they were satisfied!

I'm so sorry! By the time we finally sat down, I thought I'd taken pictures of everything. But, Matt was still assembling the soup. I totally forgot.

You really should try it. The raviolli's were nice, and the garlic broth (any recipe will do) was the perfect partner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker