Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

ARF! ARF! Says the trained seal...

.



That's my goofy kid.

He was taking a bath (with bubbles, Crayola bath colors, and scented/colored fizzies), and Matt was crunching on baby carrots; you know, trying to get (and keep) something in his stomach.

Alex asked for carrots, too, and ate a few. I suggested he switch to the grape tomatoes he loves so.

Which lead to the above shot: a bathing Alex being hand-fed a second, tiny, tomato. No need to be a sneaky Mom in this house...he eat fruits and vegetables as snacks!





Blog Party 8 has been announced, and this month, we're having Brunch! Turn your favorite breakfast foods into bite-sized treats, and get those entries to me no later than 16 March; Blog Party is 18 March. Hope to see you there!



Tagged with: , , ,

10 Thoughts for food:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

Love that photo.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Laura said...

What a great shot, Stephanie! Also wonderful that he's enthusiastic about his fruits and veggies. Great that good habits are devolping early. :)

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Kayln!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Laura!

Yes, we are very lucky. A typical day for Alex will see him eating baby carrots, tomatoes, edamame, strawberries, grapes, bananas, dried mango and papaya...is it any wonder that, just prior to his third birthday, he's well over three feet tall?!

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Very cool :) I just noticed my typo, "devolping" doesn't that sound more like a mutation than anything? *grin*

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Laura, I'm constantly wishing the comments had a spell checker!

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Cate said...

Too cute! Gotta love a kid that loves his fruits and veggies. :) Nicholas is great with fruit and salad too. I'll take what I can get.

 
At 1:34 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Sweetnicks, we are lucky...I just worry about what will happen when he's in school: I used to eat all my veggies, but once I heard all the other kids say how gross vegetables were, I refused to eat them!

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger CameraDawktor said...

I was lol with your kid looking like a seal!!!

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Camerdawktor!

He's such a doofus, that kid...gotta love him.vtucde

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker