Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Well, now; that's interesting

.



I'd never have come up with this one on my own, that's for sure.

Dinner was Bacon, Egg and Cucumber Salad; and while I was a wee bit skeptical at first, I absolutely loved this odd combo.

Peeled, seeded and diced, then cooked with vinegar, sugar, salt and water till tender but crisp.

Cook some bacon, then fry eggs in the same pan till yolks are soft but not runny. Cut up the eggs, stir into the cucumbers. Crumble the bacon, stir in.

Eat as is, or mound on toasted bread.

Wow...how weird. The cukes were basically done as quick pickles. I really didn't know if they would go well with eggs and bacon...but man, did they ever!

Pickles, eggs and bacon (or fake bacon), on toast. Go figure.


And be sure to check back tomorrow for July's Blog Party announcement!



Tagged with: + + + +

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker