Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Ready? Set? Decorate!

.




Does your cake have what it takes? To find out, Wilton is challenging people across the U.S. and Canada to put their decorating skills to the test by entering creative cake creations in Wilton’s "Your Take on Cake" decorating contest.

Entries will be judged on creativity, appearance, technique and the overall use of materials. Winners will be chosen in each of five categories: kid birthdays, adult birthdays, baby/wedding showers, holidays and other (bar/bat mitzvah, weddings, anniversaries, etc.).

The "Best Overall" grand prize winner will receive a $5,000 cash prize and a trip to attend The Wilton School two-week Master Course for cake decorating in Darien, Ill. A winner and runner-up in each category will be awarded $100 and $50 in assorted Wilton products selected by Wilton, respectively.

Visit www.yourtakeoncake.wilton.com for more details, official contest rules, and information on how to enter.

2 Thoughts for food:

At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting, challenge to our culinary, decorating skills(nil in my case).
Are you going to participate?

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Indira...nah, I probably won't.

My Mom's been decorating cakes for about seventeen years; she's the pro (she's in culinary school right now, so she's not likely to enter, either). Plus, over the last few years I've noticed Wilton turning more and more to molds and plastic for decoration, rather than good old fashioned piping and icing. I'm not a fan of that. I just thought I'd post it in case anyone else wanted to give it a try!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker