Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

On Sale, just $19.99!

.

Lyn, of Lex Culinaria has tagged me...so hard to judge your own worth.


5 Favourite Books Meme

Apparently, we're to keep this food-related. Here goes:

1. Total number of (cook/food) books I’ve owned:
Not quite 200.

2. Last (cook/food) book(s) I bought: RETRO FIESTA! and HAPPY HOUR: DRINKS AND EATS WITH A '50S BEAT

3. Last (cook/food) book I read:
While I'm working through And Omelette and a Glass of Wine, I'm going to include Joanne Fluke's Peach Cobbler Murder...because while it's technically a mystery, it's full of foodie talk and includes recipes!

4. Five (cook) books that mean a lot to me:
New Recipes from Moosewood Restaurant---of all my veg cookbooks, I've had such success with this one.
Vegetarian Times Complete Cookbook---I was able to find lots and lots of dishes my carnivrous husband liked, and that's a good thing.
Finger Food---lots and lots of little bites, which I love.
Pennyslvania Dutch Cookbook: Fine Old Recipes---this was my late Grandpa's book; Grammy gave it to me after the funeral. I used this book when I was in high school, to make goodies for my German class, usually Obfel Puffers (apple fritters); they were always a hit.
Irresistable Biscuits, Cookies and Shortbreads and Tempting Teatime Treats---I combine these into one, as they're b
ooklets. We picked these up at a book store in Dingle, on our Irish honeymoon.


5. Which 5 people would you most like to see fill this out in their blog?

Hmmm... Julia, Dexygus, Indira, Niki, and Sweetnicks.

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker