Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Chirashi Sushi

.

The first of my no (or only kinda) cook(ed) dinners, Scattered Sushi.




We weren't too terribly authentic with this one, skipping a bunch of mushrooms and the konbu, but it was still pretty good.

Sushi rice, mixed with some age and carrot, julliened and boiled with mirin, sugar and soy sauce. Some chopped egg crepes, avocado, and strips of nori finished it.

We really liked this! Light, but filling. And I didn't spend a whole lot of time by the stove. I even cheated by using the rice cooker.

If we make this again, I think I'll actually make tamago, instead of plain egg crepes. That part was a little boring.

And isn't it pretty?

3 Thoughts for food:

At 12:37 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

No, but it certainly did disappear!

Thank you, Matt's very proud of his tech abilities.

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got a rice cooker and I am aching to try making some sushi rice in it. Is there a special recipe?

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Tina!

Thanks for stopping by. I'll get a recipe to you this evening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker