Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Focaccia Farcita

.



Because what I really need is another cookbook...

Latest arrival from Zooba, Italy in Small Bites, by Carol Field.

It's an 'ok' book; of course my biggest and first complaint: no pictures! When will cookbook authors learn that we want to see photos of the food we're about to make?

There weren't too many 'ooh, I really gotta make that' recipes, but several worth giving a try...at the very least.

So Tuesday's dinner: a cheese and prosciutto (or veggie bacon) filled focaccia.

We both prefer my old stand-by focaccia, a recipe from Jamie Oliver, but this one was ok.

After the focaccia is baked, slice it horizontally and layer with a nice, melty cheese and your choice of pancetta or prosciutto (or veggie substitute). Pop it back in the oven for a few more minutes, until cheese melts.

It was a nice, filling, dish. And as the recipe (and Matt) suggested, it would make a great appetizer. Just not with their focaccia recipe!

8 Thoughts for food:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Stephanie,

I agree with you about pictures in cookbooks, but unfortunately photographs double (or more) the production costs of a book.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Kevin...secretly, I know this. But there's that part of me that doesn't care, and still wants pictures!

Even Matt had that problem (though it wasn't his responsibility: one of the Amazon reviewers for his book complained about pictures, too.

 
At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephanie.. Matt's book on amazon list, about real computer stuff, that's really impressive.

I think Vijay is more familiar with this subject, I will ask him about this book(subject).

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Indira...yes it is!

He's actually oc-authored a couple others, but as he loves to say, when it comes to Lotus Notes, he 'wrote the book'!

Of course, his brother has his own book, as well...with a new one due out next year; very literate family I've married into.

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

His brother too. Wow..
How do One get interested in such subjects(Roman law & history), it boggles my mind.

So when are you going to publish a book, Stephanie?:)

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Well, Matt's family is filled with academics. His brother is a professor in Texas, his dad just retired from UT; head of the department, Dean of the school, microbiologist..., his grandfather was the youngest tenured professor at Yale!

As for me, I do have some ideas kicking around...who knows?

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good role models for Alex. Very impressive, Stephanie.

If you ever publish a book, I promise, I will depart with my hard earned dollars and will buy your book paying the listed price.(won't even wait for sale):)

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Gee, thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker