Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, January 09, 2006

A Study in Citrus

.



Alex attended a party for a healthy-eating club at Earth Fare (how do I love this store? Let me count the ways...) last weekend.

The theme? Citrus!

And Alex loves citrus fruits.

Various citrus fruits were given to the kids to try. To say Alex was in his element would be...correct.

Nine or ten different kinds citrus were passed around. The kids got to make parfaits using the citrus fruits and yogurt. And of course, there was coloring...

Let's just say he had a great time. See for yourself.
















Blog Party #6 has been announced, and this month? We're going Retro! Click here for all the information, and hope to see you at the party!




Tagged with
, , ,

6 Thoughts for food:

At 6:32 AM, Blogger Nupur said...

What a cool concept! Alex is certainly growing up with a refined palate, and having fun along the way!

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, Nupur...you have no idea!

Alex will eat almost anything...including fruits and veggies. And he knows the difference between store-bought and Mommy's food; he's actually turned down cake that I didn't make!

And I love that he's interested in food, and adventurous. So much more than Matt and I were at that age...

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger sailu said...

That speaks a lot about his food habits,Stephanie.He sure is enjoying his veggies and fruits..:)

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Sailu!

We have only ever fed him 'good' foods...he doesn't do much in the way of snacking, and if he does? It's usually more fruit!

And that fact he's not quite three, and less than two feet shorter than me says something about how effective our methods are.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger S said...

We just visited an Earthfare store on Saturday! Neat!

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Jessica...what did you think?

We just love that store, and the fact they won't sell any products containing high fructose corn syrup makes them even cooler!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker