Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, February 24, 2006

When life gives you lemons, find someone who has vodka and throw a party.

.



Or in my case, you make Lemon Poppyseed Muffins.

Third recipe from this book. The zest of two rather large lemons, two tablespoons of freshly-squeezed lemon juice, and 2/3 cup lemon-sugar (see above...if you can); you'd think this would a be a seriously lemon-y muffin, right?

According to Matt, not so much.



Still, they're big, filling, and keep Alex going all morning. Maybe not first prize winners, but not bad. Next to try: Cornmeal-Jalapeno Muffins.




Tagged with: , , , , ,

12 Thoughts for food:

At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lemon is one of my favorite flavors and I have been searching high and low for a really lemony muffin recipe.I guess I'm still searching.
Emily
http://madmommychronicles.typepad.com/biscuits_and_blues

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Emily, I do have a great lemon-poppyseed pound cake recipe, that's packed with flavor. Part of it's success, I believe, is saturating the loaf with a lemon syrup. Perhaps that could work for the muffins, as well?

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just checked the recipe for corn muffin. Like it. I'd love to prepare and post it along with you.(only if it is ok with you, sort of like our fun project.)
When are you planning to bake them?

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Indira...that's a great idea! I'll most likely make them tonight, but I probably won't post till Monday or Tuesday (I have a bit of a back-log right now). How about this: I'll send an email both when I make them, and when I'm ready to post: deal?

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deal it is.:)
I'm thinking of making them for dinner tonight. Just corn muffins and some yogurt rice.
I'm also going to stuff muffins with chilli, cabbage, onion, chickpea saute mixture, then bake them with some cheese sprinkled on top. Just to make them more dinner worthy.:)

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oooh...I like your idea, too! I love savory muffins!

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Pille said...

Hi Stephanie - this is such a great post! I baked a poppyseed lemon loaf before Christmas, and I really loved it. Making a muffin version of that is a great idea, as it'd be perfect for lunchbox and freezing for later:)

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Pillie, and thanks!

That's what makes bread products so great, isn't it? Bake them when you can, enjoy them when you want!

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These look great -- it's too bad they weren't as lemony as you'd like. I also think lemony baked sweets to be mouth-puckeringly lemony!

Great blog, by the way!

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks Tania, but I can't take all the credit...that jumbo muffin pan sure helps!

I'm with you; if you're gonna call it 'lemon', it had darn better taste like lemon!

 
At 4:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally - I think that when live gives you lemons - make lemonade :-)

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Craig; I'm not a drinker, so I'd have to agree.

However, this quote is a bit catchier, don't you agree?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker