Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Hay Hay it’s Donna Day #6- F is for Fritter: Herbed Beef Fritters

.



Jen is hosting the latest HHDD, and this time, it's all about the "F" word.

Fritters. Get your mind out of the gutter.

I was already wading through one of the very old and enormous volumes of Gourmet (1975) that I own, for another event, when I came across the recipe for Herbed Beef Fritters, to be served with Tomato Fondue.

Cooked roast beef is mixed up with beaten egg yolks, minced parsley and scallion, some thyme, baking powder and a pinch of salt and pepper. When that's done, fold in beaten stiff egg whites.

Drop by spoonfuls into hot butter in a large skillet (I used cast iron), and cook till browned.

Serve with the 'fondue', which is tomatoes cooked with browned onion (cooked in butter, of course!), sprigs of thyme and parsley, and a bit of sugar, then simmered till the liquid is reduced.




Blog Party#15 is this weekend, and this month, we're hitting the books! That's right, we're taking inspiration from our favorite stories and turning them into appetizers and cocktails! Post your dishes no later than THIS Thursday, 19 October...early is always good...and get your links to me either by posting in the comments, or by emailing me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the party round-up Saturday, the 21st. Hope to see you there!


Tagged with: + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These sound great Stephanie. Thanks for participating.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Brilynn said...

Everything old is new again! It seems like fondue is making a comback, these fritters should help that cause.

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Barbara.

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Brilynn...would you believe we have three fondue pots??

We bought one at Sur La Table a few years back...nothing fancy, but it got the job done.

Within a year, some friends gave us another one...a bit of an upgrade, stainless steel, and all.

Then...someone else gave us one as a wedding gift! Emile Henry..., making it another upgrade!

Now, I can have three flavors set up for dessert fondue!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker