Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, June 12, 2009

Not Dead Yet

.

What's that? Right. Sorry. Yes, I have been away from here a while, haven't I?

Yeah...Dispensing Happiness is coming up on it's fifth birthday, and my other 'every day' blog, Standing here solidly on my own two hands and going crazy will mark it's seventh year around the same time. That's a lot of posting, a lot of pictures, a lot of writing, a lot of me.

A girl can go through some periods of 'meh' now & again. I guess this is one of them.

But to prove I'm still here, still capable of stringing letters together & forming words, I borrow this little Q & A from Erin.


All About Me (AV Edition)
I think the best shows on TV right now are
1. Chuck
2. Burn Notice
3. Leverage
4. The Closer


I think the best show(s) NOT on TV is (are)
1. Pushing Daisies
2. Eyes
3. Justice League Unlimited

Shows I think I would like but haven’t watched yet are

No idea.

The show I am most anticipating is

See above


My go-to movies for repeat viewings are
1. The Princess Bride
2. Sneakers
3. The Philadelphia Story
4. The Thin Man


I will watch any movie starring
1. Cary Grant
2. Doris Day
3. Jennifer Garner
4. Sandra Bullock


I will listen to any CD by
1. Fleetwood Mac
2. Jackson Browne
3. Artie Shaw
4. Bif Naked
5. Ookla the Mok
6. Dave Matthew Band


My favorite musical soundtracks are

Um...


My favorite Beatles song

Pick just about any from Rubber Soul or Revolver


My favorite Regina Spektor song

Whozat?

My favorite Weezer song

Island in the Sun (hip hip)

My favorite Simon and Garfunkel song

Cecilia


My favorite Britney Spears song

Such a thing does not exist


My favorite movie soundtracks
1. All three LotR
2. Sneakers
uh...

My favorite Disney movie
Sleeping Beauty


My favorite song from a Disney Movie

??


My favorite songs at this exact moment are
1. Say Hey (I Love You)- Michael Franti & Spearhead
2. I'm the Man Who Murdered Love- XTC
3. We Already Said Goodbye- The Lovemakers
4. You Wanted More- Tonic
5. Dawn-Bif Naked

16 Thoughts for food:

At 7:35 AM, Blogger NKP said...

Yay, so nice to learn new things about you. We just started getting new episodes of Pushing Daisies here in Canada.

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo, rockin' the michael franti! nice. and always good to see the proper best-beatles era recognized. also, thanks for the ookla shout out.

rand

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger breadchick said...

We are so separated at twins it is scary....

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Natahya; thanks!

I miss that show, so much. It was too beautiful & well-written to last, I'm afraid.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Rand; not just a shout-out, I am a one-woman PR team for Ookla! You would't believe the number of people I've turned into fans, single-handedly. It's even gone global!

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

breadchick; yeah? Sisters from different mothers, huh?

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

gosh, i thought i was the only person in the free world that had seen and liked the movie "sneakers"!!!!!

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Irene said...

Thanks for sharing those fun facts about you!

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I had to amend my Weezer answer when I realized that "Island in the Sun" is that song that I like that keeps coming up on my Pandora station. ;)

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Mrs. L said...

The Britney comment had me laughing out loud.

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Cakelaw said...

Congrats on coming up to 5 years -a terrific achievement.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Nope Barbie...I saw it for $2.00 my freshman year of college, & have loved it ever since!

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Irene, thanks for reading!!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

erin...it plays on my Pandora station a lot, too!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Mrs. L....I do what I can.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Cakelaw...thank you! And I've been thinking about you; hope things are going well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker