Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Total Decadence

.

It was my mother-in-law's birthday this past weekend. She's very good about eating healthy, but she's never said 'no' to something from my oven.

Matt drummed it into my head fairly early on that his mom loves chocolate. So, what better excuse...I mean, reason...to make a chocalate cake than a birthday?

I used the same recipe from the Dulce De Leche-Filled Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Frosting, with a vanilla buttercream frosting and a chocolate ganache, made with almost twelve ounces of dark chocolate (3:1 77%/70%).



I decorated with crystalized violets.



Let's just say that the cake went over well!

6 Thoughts for food:

At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I STILL (sob) have not made your dulce de leche filled cupcakes that I am still fantasizing about!!! and now I see you've upped the ante with this cake. Funnily enouvhc, i was thinking this morning what sort of cake I would request for my birthday next week and I think now have the answer. I love it! Provided my husband doesn't blow up the condensed milk!

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Just remind him to keep the can submerged, and sweet, gooey caramel will be yours.

 
At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh, what a thick, decadent cake! Wish I could have a slice of that right now. :(

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

There's plenty left...c'mon over!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Cerebrum said...

That is one HUMONGOUS cake Stephanie - and it looks yummy, too!

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

It is huge, Zarah...only make this cake if you have lots of people to share it with! And yummy...very dense, with a perfect chocolate flavor. The buttercream was the perfect balance for the cake, and the ganache gave it that extra something special, without going over the top.

It's not much work, and it's a pretty fantastic cake: if you have a special occasion, I would recommend giving it a try.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker