Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Blog Party #2---the Tiki Edition

.



Time to flip the calendar to September, which means it's also time to start planning for the next Blog Party!

As summer fades in North America, and our friends in Australia and New Zealand soon say 'goodbye' to winter, what could be better than celebrating the tropics!

Think fruity drinks, exotic foods, the ocean...and of course, gorgeous weather.

Start planning now, and send me your Tiki Party-themed posts...containing at least one appetizer and one drink (alcoholic or non), recipes to be included at your discretion...on 22 September. I'll publish the round-up, along with music recommendations, and decorating ideas, on the 24th.

If you missed the last event; Blog Party is a virtual cocktail party. If you'd like, host your own, real party, to try out your dishes. Or, give yourself (and your honey) a treat; either way, it's a chance to make those little bites we all love so much. And when it's over, we all have lots of new recipes to try!

For Tiki, anything that would be appropriate at a luau, beach party, or just gazing at the ocean while sitting at your hideously expensive but oh-so fabulous ocean-front property will work.

Seafood, pork. Fruits...mango, pineapple. Even banana.

You can go glamorous, or kitschy; the choice is yours.

So, dust off the Don Ho records, shake those coconuts...and go Tiki!

(entries may be posted here in the comments section, or sent directly to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com)

10 Thoughts for food:

At 11:52 PM, Blogger Laura said...

ohhhh, can I play? does jamaican work?

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Sure, you can play! We'd love to have you join in.

While I'm not certain tiki gods ever showed up in Jamaica...I think we can fit that in, as well! Have at it.

 
At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first ever tiki party, I am excited. What to bring... here I go to the library.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

How funny! I was just visiting your blog when your comment appeared.

I'm so glad you'll be able to join us this time!

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger eat stuff said...

ooh! I am so excited! I will murder casey if he hyjacks my efforts again!

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Clare, I truly hope it doesn't come to that!

 
At 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the blog party so much last time...and am so excited to play again!
Stephanie, are you planning to put up info about the blog party at www.ismyblogburning.com
Just a thought.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks! I thought it was pretty fun, too.

I've considered adding it to IMBB, but I kind of like the slow-growth of it right now. I almost prefer word of mouth to mass distribution.

But, we'll see!

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger boo_licious said...

I've added it in my calendar and I can't wait. Guess this time round, I must make it a pool party!

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

We'll all be looking forward to what you make, boo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker