Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

EoMEoTE #10-Star-Bellied Sneezes

.



The flu! The flu!
Whatever shall we do?
You say someone has the flu?
I must admit, "I do".

But there's cooking to be done
The timing could not be worse
Fair sister wants her eggs & toast
Are there tissues in my purse?

Sneezing
Freezing
Wheezing
Pleasing
This simply will not do.

With pills, spray and menthol drops
I stand before the stove.
I must prepare the eggs on toast!
Ooops---excuse me while I (blows).

One egg, two egg, in they go.
With flippity-gadgets and more.
What's this? We have no bread?
Honey, please run to the store.

Shop
Chop
Top
Plop
I'm 'resting' on the floor.

Now it's done, simple as can be
One, two, three and four, skippity-jot;
I give you eggs on toast 'Sneezes'...
Some with stars, and some with not.

8 Thoughts for food:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger Anthony said...

For whom the nose blows?
It blows for thee.

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Cate said...

Love your rhymin'!

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I adore you, Anthony!

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Sweetnicks...thank you.

if only I could get well...

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Hey Stephanie!

Sorry to hear you're coughing and sneetching :D Fab fab post and the cutest little star-bellied (and starless) eggy toasts.

Working on the roundup as we speak - and your big announcement!

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Jeanne!

As lousy as I felt, there was no way I was missing the event. So, I held to the simplest interpretation of the eggs and toast!

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Love the stars! Next time I have a cold, I'm going to use that idea to cheer myself up.

Hey!! Why wait til I have a cold? I'll make star shaped things right away!

(Great post, by the way)

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

ejm...thanks!

Go ahead, make them now. Shapes are fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker